Artists draw inspiration from all aspects of life. Whenever I am asked how I come up with my creations, I am reminded of the first piece I ever made. I was on a trip to Lake Superior’s North Shore to go hunting for agates, see some friends, and take some photos of the landscape. Sitting on the rocky shore line, a horse fly decided to interrupt my agate picking and started biting at my ankles. After trying to ignore it for a few minutes, I was forced to walk into the cold water until it had completely covered my legs. The fly finally gave up and flew away, and I looked in the crystal-clear water and saw a great photo opportunity. I saw a great shot of a beam of light shining on the rocks and was hit with an idea. What if I combined this picture with some of the actual rocks? Ever since then I’ve created various framed art pieces using materials that help bring life to my photographs, such as rocks, driftwood, flowers and finally stain glass. I’ll never forget how spontaneous and lucky the moment with the fly was and with each future piece I hope to use each new and unique experience to make something new.
Photographer –Mixed media artist
• Specialize in small format photography and stain glass mosaic work.
• Create one of a kind piece of art by combing photography and mosaics.
• Participate in several competitions for photography awards and mixed media awards.
• Photograph nature, landscape, senior, family, children, and pet portraits.
• Participate in fine art craft shows in Minnesota since 1999.
• Exhibit work on Web sites: www.nmcguirephotography.com;
Permanent Display Locations
• Artsicle.com, January 2017 to current.
• Breakaway Art Gallery, Hastings MN October 2015 to current.
• American Portfolio Mortgage in down town Saint Paul 2014 to spring 2016.
• Love from Minnesota, Roseville location from 2014 to current.
• Bergmann’s Nursery, Stillwater MN from 2008 to current.
• Laurel Florist, Saint Paul, MN November 2009 (consignment) to May 2010.
• Lake Elmo Regional Art Center, Lake Elmo, MN 2005-2009
• Dragonfly Gallery, Riverview, FL 2007-2009 (still on website)
• www.nataliemguire.mosaicglobe.com 2012
• Color of Art formally (LA Gallery) member since 2007-2013
• Very Berry Gallery 2007-2009
• Member of MN Artists 2004
• The Paramount Juried show: through my Eye August-September 2017
o Winter Wonderland and Hill is alive w/ Color -selected works
• Best of the Best-Notable Artist Showcase online- artimpactusa.org -August 2017
o Hill is Alive w/ Color (they have it under God’s Entrance)-selected work
• One Piece at a time- Healing Moments in Art Hudson Hospital & Clinic June-Aug 2017
o God’s Entrance- selected work
• Remix show at Sync Gallery Denver, CO March 20th to April 20th, 2017
o Fallen Birch- selected work
• Ad Hoc art gallery June-Sept 2012
• Art Fete’, Burnsville, MN April-May 2010.
• Silver wood Park, St. Anthony, MN “water” show, February – March 2010
• Bethesda Hospital, Saint Paul, MN Aug. 2008
• Solo display Pizza Luce’, Saint Paul, MN Oct. 2007
• Solo display Pizza Luce’, MPLS Aug. 2007
• Solo display Taste of Scandinavia both Little Canada May 2006 and North Oaks July 2006 locations
• Displayed online at www.upstreampeoplegallery.com for the month of March 2006, in archives for 1 year
• Solo show At Harriet Alexander Nature Center, Roseville, MN Feb. 2006
• The White Bear Art Gallery, WBL for 2005
• Displayed at the Chocolate Spoon for the month of Mar. 2005
• Displayed at the Inside Out Gallery in “take me to the river” from July 2005
• Displayed at the Hopkins Center for the arts in the years from 2004-2006
• Displayed online at www.upstreampeoplegallery.com for the month of Sept. 2005, in archive for 1 year
• Displayed at State Fair Creative Activities from 2004-2008 received 2 blue ribbons and 1 red.
• Enrolled at Hennepin Technical College for AAS degree in digital photography Jan. 2010 to Jan. 2014.
• District 622, Washington County, St. Paul, MN, 1997 to 1998
• Basic Photography, Hand Coloring, mostly all self taught
ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
Editor’s choice award—International Library of Photography
Published in “A timeless Journey” with two photographs. A Resource book for ad agencies
1st place award in the Humor category, 2003, from Lake Country Journal magazine in Brainerd, MN
Big River magazine published January-February 2005 issue
Published in “endless Journeys”. A resource book for ad agencies
2nd place for photography category at Arts in the Park, Brainerd, MN
1st runner up in photography category at Majestic Pine art show, Nisswa, MN
Student photographer of year with TCPPA-Hennepin Technical College